Direct users to your brand touch points to find the secret code.
- What is it?
- How do I build one?
- "Go live" checklist
- Terms & Conditions Template
- Card Design Guidelines
- How can I promote it?
- Top Tips
What is it?
The secret code card requires users to enter a "secret code" to 'enter' a competition. With this card, you are able to drive traffic to any physical or digital location to find the code and access exclusive content, enter the competition or instantly receive a digital coupon.
The secret code is generally used for increasing sales by driving foot traffic into your stores. This can be done by offering a discount to consumers who find the code.
See it in action
Watch it come to life
How do I build one?
- Step 1: Add a Secret Code card to your hub
- Step 2: Add a Cover image
- Step 3: Set up your Data Capture
- Step 4: Set your Code
- Step 5: Publish your card
Step 1: Add a Secret Code card to your Hub
- Navigate to your Engagement Hub.
- Once there click Add Content, from here select Games and then Secret Code.
- You will then see your new card has been added to your Hub.
Step 2: Add a Cover image
- Clicking on the Secret Code will open the editing module.
- (1) Here is where you'll add your Cover image.
- (2) You can add an author tag by displaying the brand or person who's responsible for the card content.
- (3) Add a description to the card.
- (4) Here you can add a call-to-action button below the card.
Note: If you have this disabled, make sure you add a CTA in the cover image.
- (A) Once you have enabled the button, click on the bar to alter the colour and copy of the call-to-action.
Step 3: Set up your Data Capture
Note: The data capture is a requirement for this card type.
By default, the Secret Code card has a data capture already added. For details on how to set this up click on the banner below.
Step 4: Set your Code
- Head into the Data capture tab and then click on Form.
- At the top of the card settings select Entry form.
- Click on the Secret Code field and then Settings on the dropdown.
- In the pop-up window, you'll be able to set your Secret Code. Click Update once you're happy.
Tip: The Secret Code you set is not case sensitive.
Note: If you have the User accounts feature enabled, tick (A). This means when users with an account log in, they will need to enter the secret code for this competition to enter.
Step 5: Publish your card
Once you've completed all of these steps, played around with your card and are happy with all the aspects of your card, it's time to get your card live!
- (1) Publish your card manually for the world to see!
- (2) Schedule your card to be published and unpublished at set dates and times.
- (3) Click on the ... to Preview and interact with the card on the front end from a user's perspective before publishing it. See how to test your card here.
Note: All competition entries will be recorded and will impact the card analytics.
"Go Live" Checklist
Ready to go live with your Secret Code? We recommend reviewing the following list before launching and double-checking if you have:
- All images uploaded are the correct dimensions. Export image files in 2x to ensure none of the images appear pixelated.
- You have added your secret code in the form under the Secret Code field.
- Hyperlinked your T&C's to the opt in-field, which is created in the data capture section of the settings tab.
- You have uploaded an image to the card cover and the form cover.
- All your communications (Major Prize Winner, Minor Prize Winner, Everybody Else, Registration) are fully set up and ready to send.
- If you are using coupons, make sure the coupons created are set up correctly. Check the coupon limits are set, the copy for each screen is right and you have linked the appropriate coupons to your communications.
- Ensure your Prizes and the awarding rules are set up correctly.
Then you're ready to go live!
Can I change the secret code to be a number?
Yes. The secret code can be anything entered into a keyboard.
Can the card accept more than one code?
Not currently, this is something we are looking into.
Tip: If you are wishing to run a campaign you can set up multiple Secret Code cards with different prompts. We recommend reaching out to your customer success specialist to aid in the set-up of this.
Is the code case-sensitive?
- Put the secret code on your socials. This means your audience will need to follow your accounts/visit your page frequently in order to find the secret code.
- Make it fun by doing a 'treasure hunt' where your audience will need to find the secret code in a specific part of your website or socials.
- Create riddles or hints to drive your audience to certain touchpoints or in-store to find the secret code.
- Design a word search and have the secret code hidden within. This is a different and fun way of getting users involved!
- Add a list of unique secret codes that your audience can enter in addition to the secret code in the Data capture form. Have unique codes at particular stores or certain social media accounts as this shows your audience has been there.
One last note:
At Komo, we pride ourselves on not only the results our clients achieve with us but the service they receive whilst bringing their Hub's to life.
If you ever have any questions about an upcoming activation, how you can best utilise Komo to get the best possible outcome, or just a general query, please don't hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Specialist or email us at email@example.com
We also love your feedback, so please let us know if this article helped you by selecting from the options below.
Head of Customer Success